If you want to achieve success in an online home business, you’ll want to be seen as an expert in your field. Why? Because people pay attention to and follow experts.
The beauty of the world we live in today is that it’s easier than ever to gain knowledge and share that knowledge with others. In fact, Google itself allows you to tap into the world’s brain instantly. Here’s some ways you can start sharing knowledge and solving other people’s problems in a way that will position you as a real expert in your field…
- Blog Regularly Toward Your Audience – Start a blog on your website and blog directly to your audience with many forms of content, discussing many issues that the audience has. It’s a great way to get traffic, but it’s also a great way to demonstrate expertise.
- Write a White Paper about a Problem – A white paper is a long report that addresses a problem and then offers solutions to the problem. If you write a paper or two about individual problems your audience has and demonstrate viable solutions, you’ll be able to show your expertise even though you’re just starting out.
- Publish a Book about Your Expertise – Writing a book and authorship is always a great way to show your expertise. Direct the book to your target audience and answer questions they may have. Address one problem and solve it and then you’ll get more respect that you know what you’re talking about.
- Make Checklists to Help Your Target Audience – If you know the types of things that your audience has questions about, create helpful checklists, cheat sheets, or tip sheets that are available for view and/or download on your website or blog.
- Share Answers Freely on Social Networks – Social networks like LinkedIn, Facebook, and even forums and message boards are great places to answer other people’s questions in a way that highlights your expertise.
- Become a Contributing Writer – Blogs, websites, newspapers and magazines all want more content and will take well-written, expertly delivered articles. Some of these will even pay you for the content. Write originally for each and rely on your bio to send traffic your way.
- Get on a Speaking Circuit – Create a couple of presentations that you could easily turn into public speaking fodder. Practice by putting that information on video, YouTube, your blog and other places that publish videos online.
- Create a Dedicated YouTube Channel – Many people have become famous because of YouTube, and you can too. Use YouTube as a way to demonstrate your expertise on the topics of interest to your audience.
- Host a Free Webinar or Teleseminar – Technology enables you to do a lot to spread the word about your knowledge and expertise. You can create “how to” videos, tip videos and more to show the world and most importantly, your audience, what you know.
Demonstrating your expertise when first starting out doesn’t require you to have a huge customer list, established earnings or even a following of subscribers yet. Implementing any of these ideas is what can help you gain a following, increase your website traffic and ultimately help you build the home business you’re dreaming of.
Leave a Reply